As a renter, you need renters insurance to protect your personal possessions from theft, vandalism, fire, and a host of other disasters. Here’s what renters insurance covers and the best place to compare renters insurance to get the best rate.
What Renters Insurance Covers
Think you don’t need renters insurance because you don’t own anything or because you’re covered by your landlord’s insurance? Think again! You landlord’s insurance only covers the physical building you live in. It does not protect …
* Your personal property
* You if someone is injured while visiting you
* You if you damage someone else’s property
You need renters insurance to provide this protection.
Can I Afford Renters Insurance?
Renters insurance is relatively inexpensive, usually only a couple hundred dollars a year. You can save even more by …
* Buying your renters insurance from the same company where you buy your auto insurance so you can get a multi-policy discount.
* Asking your insurer if you qualify for any discounts such as a non-smoker’s discount. Also check if your rental has safety features such as burglar alarms, smoke detectors, deadbolts, and window locks that qualify for discounts.
* Set your deductible as high as you can afford. The higher you set your deductible, the lower your premium will be.
Finding the Best Renters Insurance Rate
To find the best rate on renters insurance, begin by getting on the Internet and visiting an insurance comparison website. These websites allow you to get quotes from a number of companies at one time, so you can easily compare them.
All you do is fill out a simple questionnaire on the website. Then you’ll receive quotes for renters insurance from several A-rated insurance companies. It’s fast and easy – and it will save you money.
And if you have questions any time during this process, the best insurance comparison websites have an online chat feature, with insurance professionals on hand to answer your questions and help you get the best rate (see link below).
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com/renters-insurance.html or click on the following link to compare renters insurance rate quotes from top-rated companies and see how much you can save. You can get more tips and advice in their Articles section.