What should cheap landlord building insurance include as basics?

Having landlord insurance is not required by law, but it is strongly advised to help you combat any potential problems that you may face. However, it’s not always convenient to spend lots of money on their insurance policy. So what should a cheap landlord building insurance policy include?

Basic landlord building insurance will cover you in the event of most hazards. These hazards will include such things as fire, flood, theft and malicious damage. You standard cover should protect you from all of the typical hazards that could give you problems as a property owner.

Likewise, you may also receive cover for the replacement of glass and locks. In the event of you losing the keys to the property you are renting out, your policy can help you have the locks changed.

Cheap landlord building insurance will cover a variety of property types. They often include houses, bungalows, flats and holiday homes that are located in the UK. This means you could find cheap cover regardless of what building type you own.

You could also find that you are provided with some free extras in your policy. For example, you may receive free cover for accidental damage on your buildings. However, this may require some criteria beforehand; like your tenants being professionals or retired.

Basic cheap landlord building insurance should also include standard public liability cover. As a landlord, you have a legal responsibility to ensure that your property is safe. If any accident or injury occurs as a result of your property, your insurance cover will provide you with help for legal expenses and damages.

After a quick internet search, you can find a collection of cheap landlord building insurance quotes that offer you more than you would expect. Frequently comparing the offers is the best way of finding the cheapest deal available.