Buy To Let Property Insurance – Part 1

Buy-to-let property insurance, some times also known as residential property owners insurance, is needed if you own houses and/or flats to tenants either on a short-term or long-term basis. Ordinarily you can buy cheap buy-to-let property insurance in the event that you rent five or less properties in the UK than is the case if you rent more than five properties, as in the case of the former you are seen as a small time landlord with a small business, whereas in the latter you are seen as a full blown property-owning company.FireNatural Disaster (also known as tempest insurance)TheftPublic Liability InsuranceLost EarningsEmployee Liability InsuranceLegal Expenses InsuranceAlthough the above are basically the bare minimums you need in your buy-to-let property insurance policy, you can also tailor these types of insurance policies to meet your particular needs, so make sure that you talk through your circumstances with your insurance provider, especially if you anticipate expanding the business in the near future.